Monday, December 14, 2009

Q + A with Massiel Grullon, a Merida design Winner

Massiel Grullon
Number of years at Artists For Humanity: Six years


What AFH studios have you worked in? Painting and Graphics studio.

Dream job: My dream job is to make art, travel the world, and put my artwork in famous galleries

What were the major influences on your winning designs?
What influenced me was the peacock. It is one of the most beautiful birds.

How do you feel when you heard that your designs were winners in the competition?
Honestly I didn't think I was going to win. I was surprised. But It made me gain confidence as an artist.

What will you do with your rug when it is produced? Put it in my living room for all to see!

What do you want to do next?
I'm preparing to go to Montserrat College of Art next fall.

top and right are two of Massiel's three winning designs she submitted in the Merida rug competition. One of her designs will be made into a Merida rug.

No comments: