Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two AFH Studios Premiered Works at Boston's ICA

This past year, AFH Photography and Video studios created digital media projects for the Adobe Youth Voices program. Two photo essays from AFH teen photographers and a short film from the AFH Video studio premiered at the Barbara Lee Family Foundation Theater at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) Boston on May 27th, 2010. It was a proud evening where our teens got their shining moment on the big screen and hundreds of people heard their powerful stories.

The following photo essay was created by AFH teen, Vicki Chin.




"My name is Vicki Chin. I am 17 years old and a graduating senior at the John D. O’Bryant School. I was born in Boston but spent the first five years of my life in Shanghai, China where I lived with my mother and two aunts, Auntie Fanny and Auntie Bonnie. These women are very different from each other, yet they manage to embrace their differences and love each other unconditionally. I’m grateful to have grown up with their continuous love and support. I appreciate their patience with all my childish tantrums and giving me the strength to be compassionate. Growing up with the warmth and love given by my mother and two aunties, I thank them for being with me through every step of my life."

Check in tomorrow for another blog post featuring a short film by AFH Video studio!

No comments: